Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Closet from HELL!!!

So, I just bought a "closet system" at Target.com for the master bedroom closet.

Everyone who knows me knows two things about me. First, that I'm incredibly handy. And, second, that I LOVE Target.

I ordered this closet system from Target and thought, "No big deal. That'll take me a day to put together."

The system arrived on Monday and I opened the package on Tuesday morning at 10:00 a.m. I laid out all the parts--the gajillion brackets, the nine zillion toggles, the fifty-four trillion 1.5" screws, the three six foot shelves and three two foot shelves. A lot of stuff, but I thought, "I can do this. No big deal."

It's Wednesday evening at... let's see... 6:56 p.m. and I'm not even half way done with this damn thing!

I'm dealing with a house built before 1930, see. Which means the walls are plaster and lathe. The outer walls are flat out concrete wall board. Try drilling through that and staying plumb.

There are more holes in my wall than Swiss cheese.

At this point, I'm ready to give up my fastidious ways (that's the third thing people who know me know about me) and simply throw all my clothes and shoes into the closet in one freakin' heap and be done with it.

Target, I love you. But this closet system SUCKS!

No comments: