Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summation

Maybe I'm jaded right now, but this is the best summation of D.C. I've read in a long time.

And once they've graduated from the Hill, most of them move into trade associations, lobbying and/or law firms, or think tanks, which is basically like going on for a doctorate and doing ABTD...

How depressing.

I think that's the part about D.C. that eats away at me... the minutae. The hair-splitting. The circular thinking. The stuck-in-the-mud on the same thought mentality. The beat-the-dead-horse redundancy. The specializing in one little pixel in the period and making an entire career out of that, not to mention the ability to make it sound interesting at the endless circle of grip-and-grin cocktail parties to be had in this tiresome town.

I often feel like Cher. I just want to reach out, slap D.C. collectively, and yell, "Snap out of it!"

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I'll hold D.C. down while you slap!

Elaine Denning said...

Having not experienced it, I cannot comment...but it does all sound vaguely familiar...