Monday, July 10, 2006

Yo-ho-ho and a Bottle of Rum...

Just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest this past weekend--twice!

What's not to love about Johnny Depp and these movies?

I know they aren't the thought provoking documentaries or independent films I often enjoy and learn from. But still, these movies are just downright fun.

The most astonishing part of this second installment, though, were the credits at the end. Oh my gosh. It took a small town to make this film. I think the credits ran a good five minutes. Ridiculous!

Still, if you haven't seen this film or are thinking of not seeing it because some critic in your local paper or the New Yorker or whatever said it was a wash, ignore them and go. It's a bit longish in parts, but the ending makes it totally worth the entire 2 1/2 hour experience.

1 comment:

Elaine Denning said...

You're the 2nd person I know who watched it this weekend. Orlando Bloom is just delicious...I think I may have to take some time out to see it...along with all the other movies I really should watch. Can you believe, I haven't even seen Lord of the Rings yet? LoL.