Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Day 19: High School

Apparently, I did well in high school. Not that it matters 20 years later, really.

You paid attention during 86% of high school!
 

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Do you deserve your high school diploma?
Create a Quiz



And speaking of that, can you name the capitals of all 50 states without cheating and looking at a map? I use to know them all, but I can't remember North Dakota... Oh, wait, Bismark. Never mind.

Here's another one for you: name the four U.S. states with state capitals that begin with the same first letter as the state. I'll give you one of the four: Indianapolis, Indiana.

And here's yet another one. This was the final Jeopardy question a few nights ago. Name a homophone that sounds like the letter it is and that begins with a consonant followed by four vowels.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Queue?

I'm lost with the rest!

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Your riddle: is it Q / Queue? :)

Why yes, I had to look up the word homophone first. Why do you ask?

Janet Kincaid said...

JA: You're the winner of the state capitals riddle.

Ms. U and SML: You're both right! It's queue (which, by the way, is one of my favorite words. I love how it sounds and how it looks spelled out.)

Congrats to all!

As for why I asked? Why not. Seriously, though, they're just two fun questions that are great to ask at parties or when you don't want to talk religion or politics with family or whatever.

Swizzies said...

Oh Janet, why on EARTH would we not want to talk religion or politics with our families?? That's just crazy talk.

Swizzies said...

Dude, I paid attention to 86% of high school too!

(Which I most certainly did not...I barely even attended 60% of high school. What a slacker - and as a Gen Xer, I was only fulfilling my proper role in society.)

I didn't get queue or the capital cities by the by. :-P

Janet Kincaid said...

Swizzies: Religion, politics, family. Hm. Yeah. It's enough to make you drink huh? Pass the Dr. Pepper and I'll see if I can find you a Guiness. (Of course, with all those Swiss and German beers around there, I'm sure you've found something to replace your favorite Irish brew.)

Swizzies, too: So you only spent 60% of your high school career in class. Feh. You're still in places and jobs I would love to be in. Maybe I should have skipped class more...