Saturday, May 26, 2007

Donut, Anyone?

Krispy Kreme Donut Shop, Route 1, Alexandria, Virginia

Some of you may have noticed, but others perhaps not, that I've started a new venture here in Bloggerland. Over on the right, under the header "What I Do On the Side" is a link to my latest adventure: D.C. Confidential.

I started this as an excuse to use my new toy--a Canon A630. Plus, given my crappy-ass attitude about this town, I thought I'd try to at least assuage that attitude a little by getting out in the neighborhoods and places so many of us live, work, and play in and see if I could actually learn to love this place a little more. I don't know if it'll help my attitude, but I've certainly enjoyed playing with my new toy and have already found a treasure or two here and there.

The above picture is of the Krispy Kreme store in Alexandria, Virginia, on Route 1. It was the first--and for a long time, the only--Krispy Kreme north of the Carolinas, which is where Krispy Kreme was born. Don't be surprised if you see this picture again on D.C. Confidential.

1 comment:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I used to live in Alexandria, Virginia...on Wagon Wheel Road,
very close to Mt. Vernon.

This was back in the late 60's.... My dad was a federal investigator for the government ....

Alexandria was our most favorite place to live ~ we were all crushed when we had to move to Las Vegas in 1970.