Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Poignant... Insightful... Stressful...

Poignant

As I've said before, I'm pretty new to the blogosphere. One of my favorite blogs, though, is this one: http://beautyandthebeltway.blogspot.com/. Today's entry by this transplant to D.C. from the Big Sky Country is especially well-written and mature.


Insightful

Another new blog on the D.C. blog-o-scene is written by my friend, Eric Erickson, and provides his take on politics and history. Check it out: http://axelsdc.blogspot.com/.


Stressful

It's t-minus 95 hours and 12 minutes until my Twist of Brunch event. Last night, I made a batch of Senegelese Apple Soup (click here for the recipe) for the staff potluck tomorrow. Tonight, I'm drawing up my grocery list and work plan for the brunch. In between it all, I need to excavate my furniture out from beneath the layer of dust I haven't touched in several weeks (a confession I'm loathe to make because I'm usually such a clean freak) and I've got to figure out how to keep Alfonso, the neighborhood nuisance, away from the house between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. Short of having him arrested for vagrancy, I think I'll see if the landlady can't rein him in for a few hours.... Wait, it occurs to me, she's going to be out of town on Sunday which means he won't be coming around looking for work from her! Hallelujah. Stress alleviated!

No comments: