Monday, June 12, 2006

Dreams... Are the Weirdest Things

I've had some weirdo dreams the last few nights. I'm not sure if it's my migraine medication that triggers them or what.

For example, I dreamed the other morning that I was out with Mom and Dad flying radio-controlled airplanes. Granted, my mother has always wanted one of those, but there's no context for that idea being in my subconscious.

Then again, I did spend part of Saturday, as we were waiting for paint to dry, helping my Dad shift boxes and things in the attic of the house. One of the things I needed to find safe storage space for was a set of hand-controlled sailboats.

Sailboats and airplanes... Yeah, there's a connection...

But wait, there's more...

This morning, I dreamed I was attending the wedding of blogger Melissa Jordan who writes the ever-fabulous Church of the Big Sky blog. Said "wedding" was being held in a tiny auditorium in conjunction with a high school graduation in Montana. (If I was Melissa, I'd say that is a nightmare!)

What's weird about this one is a) I've never even met Melissa in person. I've just read her blog and heard her commentaries on WAMU. And b) I have no clue if she's even engaged. (She always mentions her friend, "The Sasquatch," but I think they're just that: friends. Then again, it's really none of my business since I DON'T EVEN KNOW HER!!)

I think the venue part--the high school auditorium--was triggered by reading Beauty and the Beltway's account of her brother's recent graduation from high school in Butte, Montana.

Still, why would Church of the Big Sky be in my dreams?

See what I mean? Dreams are the weirdest things. Normally, there's some subliminal, subconscious thing or two you can extract from them, but I'm getting nothing... absolutely nothin'... out of these ones.

And, oh by the way, I'm not sure I want anything out of them or any of the other wacko dreams I've had recently.

Illustration courtesy of Carlton Art Gallery.

1 comment:

Elaine Denning said...

Dreams are strange things, aren't they? I had one a while back about a fellow blogger. I saw the person as clear as day, even though I have no idea what that person looks like. I'm tempted to email them and ask for a photo...but I'm scared of the consequences!