Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Day 12 (Part 3): Weird Tags and Other Dangling Participles

Oh, man. I've been tagged by the Gunfighter. Well, here goes nothing....

Six Weird Things About Janet M. Kincaid (a.k.a. DC Rush Hour):

1. I like to buy sheets. It's true. When I moved, though, I had to jettison some of my sheet sets because I had too many and some were getting lonelier than others from misuse.

2. I tend to anthropomorphize things that shouldn't be. Like the aforementioned sheets. Or all the little critters that inhabit the tree outside my office window. There's Bert and Roscoe, the dueling squirrels and Percy the Possum and Bart the Bat and Waldorf the Woodpecker and... Well, I'm sure you get the picture. Oddly enough, though, I haven't named any of the many feral cats that wander through my yard and alley. They're all just named "Damn Cats!"

3. I listen to Christmas music. In July. A lot.

4. I have a thing about manners and using your inside voice when you're in public spaces and indoors. That's weird because a lot of folks in today's cell-phone obsessed, fuck-you world don't give a damn about common courtesy and decorum.

5. I love James Bond movies. Most of my friends--especially my feminist friends--don't understand this one. I don't understand it either. It just is.

6. I like to wear my Bergsteiger and yodel. Okay, that last one isn't true, but it is weird. And I do own a Bergsteiger Hut complete with pins from every town and province I lived or worked in in Austria.

And now I'm supposed to tag six other people.

Let's see. How about Mary Ellen, Sister Mary Lisa, Dr. Lala, Miss Understood, Holly*, and, and, and... Hm. I guess that's it.

*Holly, who asked me to do the Christmas Meme. Stay tuned for that. It will appear on this blog on or around Christmas Day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six weird things, huh? I swear I saw this as FIVE weird things on some meme before.....

But I'll bite. Stay tuned. :)

And how did I end up home from Oesterreich ohne Bergsteiger Hut?!?!

SML

Janet Kincaid said...

Funny thing about my Bergsteiger is, I was known as the "The One with the Hat." I wore it because it kept my head warm in the winter, but it probably didn't get me anywhere in terms of opening doors. Oh well! I love having it. It's one of my favorite things from my time in Austria.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Don't you love my horrible Deutsch? I've lost it all.

Sideon said...

You are hysterical :)

Janet - do you mind if I add your blog linky link to my list of blog links?

Janet Kincaid said...

Why thank you, Sideon. And yes, you may link me in your linkies where you link links.

By the way--not to be a freak or anything, but I was hoping you'd read my entry "Jesus is a Stinker." When I posted it, I distinctly thought, "Sideon will like this one."

Anonymous said...

OK. It might take a few days for me to narrow the list to only six weird things, but I'll post my response before too long.

Swizzies said...

Well, even if you don't tag me, I might have to blog about how weird I am. And since I wasn't tagged, I won't have to limit it to six.

Janet Kincaid said...

Swizzies: TAG! You're it! I was just trying to share the love there and since you'd done the Name Meme, I figured I'd see if I could get ME to bite instead! Besides, as you point out, this way, you get to name more than six things. I'll start with my recommendation for #1: picking the burned parts off of potato chips by 18 wheeler truck light in the high Sierras. ;-)

Anonymous said...

OK, Janet--I FINALLY got this meme done--it's here.