Friday, December 29, 2006

Day 29: Gutter Ball

Okay, my mind must be in the gutter this morning, but I'd like to think I'm not the only one who chuckled when I read this in today's Washington Post:

At a morning news briefing, [Adrian] Fenty (D) defended his decision to retain many agency directors and other high-ranking officials of the administration of Anthony A. Williams (D) when he takes over the D.C. government Jan. 2.

He cautioned against a throw-the-bums-out approach.... "If we just threw out everybody, then I wouldn't be able to come," said Fenty, who for six years was the Ward 4 council member.

He seriously didn't say that, did he? Please tell me that the reporter who wrote this piece forgot to finish the quote.

Here's the entire article, if you want to read it.

Photo courtesy of Archivo/Washington Hispanic. Comic blurb courtesy of me and my MacBook's software, ComicLife.

No comments: