Friday, June 08, 2007

Shrek the Turd... Er, I Mean, Third

Not much to say about this turd installment in the Shrek franchise. Loved Mike Myers in So I Married an Axe Murderer and in the first Shrek, but this latest iteration is tired.

Or, as we say in German, "schrecklich."*

Okay, wait. I'll admit, I enjoyed the scenes with Fiona and her sidekicks--Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and the double-crosser Rapunzel. And Julie Andrews as her Queen Mother was also good.

Oh yeah, and the switcheroo between Antonio Banderos as Puss in Boots and Eddie Murphy as Donkey was pretty funny.

Other than that, blah. If you're intent on seeing this film, either see it as a matinee or wait for DVD.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to see Ratatouille!


* German for 'horrible.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I Married an Axe Murderer has got to be one of the most underrated comedies EVER. I'm cracking up now just thinking of Phil Hartman: "This way to the cafeteria!"

Merujo said...

I'm lookin' forward to the rat chef, too. I haven't been to see Shrek or Spider Man. I sat through Pirates wishing I had a handful of Vicodin with me, somewhere in Hour 2... Ugh.

Janet Kincaid said...

APL: Welcome to Rush Hour! My brother can repeat lines from SIMaAM verbatim (I'm only good at getting dialogue partially correct) and we're always laughing about something from this movie. I agree: totally underrated.

Merujo: I know what you mean about Pirates. I watch only for Johnny Depp. The rest is fluff. Somehow they've got to tighten it up a bit. But then, what can one expect when the script is written scene-by-scene as they're shooting?