Wednesday, July 11, 2007

400

This blog entry--yes! This exact one!--is post number 400 for me.

As such, I thought I'd be a little egocentric and
highlight my ten favorite posts since I undertook this blogging venture
exactly two years ago today.

And, I'm taking a vote.
Which of these ten would you vote the
Very Best of D.C. Rush Hour
?

Alliteration
Articulate
Green River... Wider Than a Mile...
In a Perfect World I'm Not Too Late for a Pink Martini, Am I?
Jesus Is a Stinker
LEGOs: Life's Philosophical Metaphor
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Blah, Blah, Blah...
One Happy Meal for the Queen, Please!
What Price, Freedom?
World Famous in Poland Oatmeal

Let the voting begin! Post your vote in the comments section.

Next week, when I'm feeling humbler (or is that more humble? JaneAnne?), I'll peruse other blogs and pick my ten favorite and have another vote. (Or not.)

10 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Green River, without a doubt, wins my vote. It is pure brilliance Janet.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Alliteration, as I always appreciate amazing applications of awesome and accomplished assemblages of arduous articulations.

AS IF there was any doubt!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I'll have to come back when Magoo is sleeping... hugs!

NG said...

Gonna have to go with the "Merry Christmas, etc." entry here.

Zanne said...

Dang that was hard! You are such a gifted writer. Alliteration is so clever, and I love the political pieces but I think I was most moved by Green Mile, so that gets my vote. :D
And congrats on the 400!!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the lovely and oh-so-delightful Lego post: profound, pithy and prosaic.

Merujo said...

I'm a sucker to read about why people like the music they like, so I have to go with the Pink Martini post. I have a friend in the Portland area who introduced me to their music, and I adore it. I cannot believe I just missed them at Wolf Trap! That must have been an amazing night.

Congrats on your DC Blogs mention for this post. So much good writing here to choose from! You craft entries with such fierceness and grace - it's always a pleasure to read what you have to offer. Cheers!

Mary Ellen said...

I like all the stuff you write, but if I had to pick one it would be the one responsible for my born again breakfast love, World Famous in Poland Oatmeal. I am zealously converted.

Anonymous said...

Don't think anyone else has voted for it, but I gotta go with Jesus is a Stinker. Cracks me up.

Janet Kincaid said...

Ms. U: Thank you! And if we want to talk brilliance--let's talk about your writing, which I find simply breathtaking!

SML: I wrote that one for you and the Gunfighter, my dear!

Terri: Do weigh in. I enjoy your comments.

NG: Yeah, that whole debacle--which seems to get beaten like a dead horse every year--really ticks me off. Such a stupid, petty load of crap!

Zanne: Thanks, my dear. So, when are you coming down this way again?

Anon: I think you're biased. Esp. since it twas you asked me to write said piece! ;-)

Merujo: The feeling is mutual. I absolutely adore your blog and your ability to tell stories and tap at the range of emotion you do. I am truly awed by your writing.

ME: I'm making that for breakfast this weekend. Wanna come over?

APL: Good choice! I like that one, too! I'm still waiting for the lightning to strike, though. Perhaps that fact that it hasn't just proves that God has a sense of humor and Jesus is stomping around in the clouds saying "The AROMA of Jesus? The AROMA of Jesus?! What the hell is that? Jeeeesus Christ!"