Adriana and Diana both tagged me for this, so here goes.
Four Jobs I've Had
1. Director of Fund Development at a non-profit in D.C.
2. Manager of Recovered Fiber and Tissue Products at a prominent trade association.
3. Managing Editor at a spin off of one of the coolest trade publishers in the world.
4. Managing Editor at one of the hippest, most socially conscientious trade publishers in the world (which no longer exists, was sold off into various parts, and is now mostly this.)
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1. Baraka (breathtaking)
2. To Be or Not To Be (the Mel Brooke’s version. Hilarious. “Heil Myself!”)
3. Pirates of the Caribbean (with the incomparable Johnny Depp)
4. Anything James Bond
Four Places I've Lived
1. Washington, D.C.
2. San Francisco/Bay Area, California
3. Fairfax, Virginia
4. Vienna, Austria
Four TV Shows I Love To Watch
1. The Vicar of Dibley
3. CSI and CSI: New York
4. Anything on Showtime
Four Places I've Been on Vacation
1. Point Reyes, California
2. Vancouver, British Columbia
3. New York, New York
4. The Outer Banks, North Carolina
Four Blogs I Visit Daily
1. What I Made for Dinner—my friend Adriana’s adventures in cooking and life in Park Slope/Brooklyn, New York with her son Jasper and her artist-husband, Lane Twitchell.
2. Swiss Account—the adventures of Scott, Diana, Gibby, Dee Dee and Eartha Cat in Swizzyland.
3. Beauty and the Beltway—the writings of a D.C. poli-sci student and transplant from Montana named Abra Leigh Noelle. Never met her, but she’s a kickass writer. Her stuff can be equal parts thought-provoking, hilarious, and vulnerable.
4. DC Blogs--a list and highlights of blogs by people living in D.C. or in the Metro area.
I don't read this one daily, but I do check it every Monday to see what the latest new secrets are. Check out PostSecret here.
And a call out to my friend, Julie Smith, who is a stay-at-home mom who also reads like a dervish and provides short reviews. See Out of the Best of Books.
Also, check out Overheard in the Office. If you’ve ever worked in an office—which most of us have—you’ll love and hate this site. It’s good for a groan.
Four of My Favorite Foods
1. Anything involving chocolate
2. Fresh peaches
3. Cypress Grove's Humboldt Fog chevre
Four Places I'd Rather Be
1. Tide pooling in California
2. The Alps
4. In bed, snug under my down comforter
Four Albums I Can't Live Without
1. Christmas music, especially Johnny Mathis and Harry Connick, Jr.
2. Anything Mary Chapin Carpenter
3. Mozart’s Requiem
4. Whatever’s currently in the CD player in my car
Four Vehicles I've Owned
1. Honda CR-V EX 4WD in Blue Pearl with black interior, a moonroof, six CD changer built-in-dash, power windows and locks, room for five plus storage…. This is my current car and I LOVE IT!!! Note to Honda Motor Company: PLEASE make this car in a hybrid. Then I’d be overjoyed.
2. Honda Civic DX in Green Pearl with tan interior. This was the first car I ever bought. (Confession: I used a smidgen of my student loan money as a down payment. Really stupid, I know, but at the time it was the only liquidity I had.) Four months after I finished paying it off, this car was totaled in an accident at the corner of 15th Street and Rhode Island Avenue NW thanks to a ditz who decided that making a left turn from the right lane from a dead stop, crossing in front of me going 40 mph was a good idea. Thank goodness for insurance.
3. Chevy 10 passenger cargo van. This actually belonged to my parents. I drove it while I was living at home and going to college.
4. Chevy Malibu Classic station wagon in red orange. This also belonged to my parents. Eventually my dad dropped a V-8 engine in it and gave it to my brother. We christened it the Rocket Sled after that.
1. Swiss Account and What I Made For Dinner together, since they tagged me.
2. Beauty and the Beltway
3. My buddy Eric, whom I’ve neglected of late due to personal ventures in home shopping.
4. To my friend, Mary Ellen, who should start a blog, but hasn’t. She’s smart as a whip, really witty, a fabulous writer, and just a really, really cool friend. Kisses to ME.
And, carrying this a step further and plagarizing from Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton:
My favorite swear word: F***.
Sound/noise I love: the ocean.
Sound/noise I hate: the neighborhood derelict hood and nuisance, Alfonso, yelling for my landlady.
A profession I’d like to try: small town doctor.
A profession I’d hate to try: politician.
What I regret: not going to medical school.
What I don’t regret: being myself and following my bliss.
If I die today, what do I hope God will say when I pass to the other side: Welcome.