Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Day 15 (Part 2): I Need a Scent

Just got off the phone with my bestest friend, Rio Grande Valley Girl. We were talking about job searches and resumes. Somehow, Paris Hilton entered the conversation. Something along the lines of, "I don't know any one who gets paid to do nothing, unless you're Paris Hilton."

To which RGVG said, "Well, she does have her own perfume, you know, which she has to promote, I suppose." Then, in a flash of brilliance, RGVG said, "That's it! You need to get your own scent!"

I need a scent.

I need a scent I can sell for $79.99 for a 0.4 oz bottle with a special one-time beauty on-the-go pocketbook. I'm thinking something sassy and opinionated. Something that says, "Stand back, slacker! I'm here to get the job done!" Something that's blue state trickling into purple.

I need a scent...

I think this is the best idea to cross my desk in a long time...

4 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Are you going to name your new scent "Tedious" ???

Janet Kincaid said...

Ooooooh. That is SO perfect! I'm thinking it could have subtle undertones of squash with a hit of sage and cumin.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

You made me laugh so hard with your reply here, Janet!! Too funny. Thank God I'm alone so nobody can witness my hysterical laughing.

Mary Ellen said...

All I can say is watch out, Paris. There's a new scent in town!