Monday, July 16, 2007

More Meme













And while we're on the subject of meme, this one comes via Sideon. Here are the rules:
  • Grab the nearest book
  • Open the book to page 123.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
  • Do not dig around for the 'cool' or 'intellectual' book on your shelf. Do not go to the other room to find an old textbook. Just pick up whatever is lying at hand.
My book: Literature from the "Axis of Evil". This is taken from the story "A Tale of Music" by Kang Kwi-mi of North Korea. The book is a collection of essays and short pieces by renowned authors in countries the Bush Administration considers "evil."

Soon after, I discovered a surprising bit of news in the Rodong Sinmun. The government awarded citations to those who had achieved great feats in building monuments, and my brother's name was on the list of recipients. Pak Song-won. It was clearly my brother.
And again, as with the other meme from tonight, if you want to participate, go for it!

6 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Okay ... I did your meme.

Anonymous said...

Great Book!! This meme is picking up steam.

Janet Kincaid said...

Terri: I saw! Excellent. Thanks for playing along.

CV Rick: Did this meme begin with you? It's a good one.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I needed to change the book on my blog ...

WHY, YOU ASK ...

well...

I have a bookshelf next to me ... so I had a bunch of books "closest to me"...

I didn't use the first book I touched b/c I thought the four sentences sounded stupid ...(well to me, that is)

the second book didn't work b/c it was a daily inspiration book w/o pages listed ... it only had dates,

so ... I went with my third book ... Codependent No More .... and it was awesome b/c the four sentences were perfect.... yada yada....

BUT ... a blogger buddy was teasing me for not using the very first book I grabbed ~

so, I felt I should post the very first book I grabbed.

I didn't think a thing of it since I had a whole bookshelf full of books... of course I wanted one w/ a good 4 sentences...

I guess I blew your meme....
sorry girl!

Janet Kincaid said...

Terri: No worries. I thought your book meme was fine!

I think I need to put the words "Judgment Free - Wholly Tolerant - Open and Affirming Blog Space - All Are Welcome Here"

I just appreciate the fact that you played along!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I think it was a fun...
and I ended up doing two!